FGT can get more user info?

Jun 10, 2011 at 5:09 AM
Edited Jun 10, 2011 at 5:12 AM

Hi,

I think I may have overlook this but somehow I still couldn't find it.

Can Facebook Graph Toolkit able to retrieve the following Facebook User details (say the user has explicitly Allowed the App and I have put in all the Read Permission values under the extended permission that I'm referring from this link https://developers.facebook.com/docs/authentication/permissions/ ):-

• Birthday
  • Telephone/Contact/Mobile (assuming that the user has added this to his FB profile and make it publicly viewable!!)
  • About Me
  • Relationship status
  • Hometown
  • Work history
  • Education history
  • HighSchool
  • Religion
  • Politic
  • Quotes
  • Music
  • Books
  • Movies
  • Tv
  • Activities
  • Interests

Last time I tried the old (and no more supported) Facebook Developer Toolkit 2.0 and it can provide these details I mentioned. So what about Facebook Graph Toolkit??

Coordinator
Jun 10, 2011 at 9:12 AM

I'm sorry that these information are not currently implemented in the library at this moment, but you can always use FQL on the [user] table to get the same piece of information.

These properties will be available in the User object in the upcoming release of Facebook Graph Toolkit.

Sep 10, 2011 at 10:00 PM

It looks like a couple of these properties have been added in v2.1, but not the more complex IList<T> values. If you have not yet started work on those, please post here. I'll take a shot at a couple and provide the source for your review. Any priorities?