This webpage has a redirect loop

Jun 16, 2011 at 6:31 AM
Edited Jun 16, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Hi, 

I am using Facebook Graph Toolkit (Latest release: 1.5, 18 May 2011) and Set up my ASP.NET application with Facebook Graph Toolkit.

and create my Facebook-Graph-Toolkit-Sample.aspx page. write down this code 

protected void btnFbAuth_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

if (Api == null)

{

RedirectToFacebookAuthorization();

}

}

and when I click first time on btnFbAuth button its working fine but when I click on btnFbAuth button second time. Its giving This webpage has a redirect loop error.

This webpage has a redirect loop

The webpage at https://graph.facebook.com/oauth/authorize?client_id=165446510138815&redirect_uri=http://mywebsite.com/Facebook-Graph-Toolkit-Sample.aspx?code=_ajY3_KtShNHy5XJJoH5D70sir9ouRAhAI5mKMPOrwY.eyJpdiI6IkZyUmwwZGtRSnd4YXp2RTc4Z25jQ2cifQ.svaxa6nvvQtNVJKjAtjc4-FzB9iRf0DE07vIv2rf4uZwYUErYZudEqhVWM2jxVvcg_-3weIxKM948bPT1lVCdJXHqEgVGCUTPleV5yzXgWrG0QsEmVhDg6GSQZP9vAoG&scope= has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

Here are some suggestions:

Reload this web page later.

why this is happening I can't understand please help me.

dhemittal@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Mr. kayson please answer regarding my issue.

Jun 29, 2011 at 3:13 AM

Hey dhemittal, I also encountered the same problem as you. I'm not sure whether did you have the extended permission value "offline_access" or not, I do notice that if there's "offline_access" extended permission required for login to the facebook app, then this redirect loop (infinite) will occur. I did experiment it without having the offline_access permission and didn't encounter the redirect loop error.

But I am in the middle of pondering on whether to have offline_access or not to get the graph API as i know that the API.AccessToken will be invalid for not asking offline_access permission when the facebook user logs out from facebook and visit your website/webpage that has API class/objects.